Thank you to all the children at St Joseph’s for showing such a mature attitude towards anti-bullying week. It has been great to hear the children’s ideas and hear how we can help others and most importantly how we can work together as part of God’s family to love and care for one another in school.
The children enjoyed a show from the Power of One Theatre Company as well as having class debates, designing posters, learning songs and chants about RESPECT and wearing odd socks to show their support for anti- bullying.
Here are a few pictures from across the infants :
Well done to the children who won the anti- bullying poster competition!
Look out for your designs to be seen around school!
We have been learning about the soldiers who fought in the World Wars and remembering them in our prayers.
We made some poppies for them.
This is what we will be learning this half term:
- Mary the Mother of God
- Family and Community
- Following and drawing maps
- Using simple directions
- Reading and writing captions for pictures
- Forming letters correctly
- Using adjectives and verbs
- Focus Books: Dear Zoo and The Gruffalo
- Place Value to 20
- Addition/Subtraction to 10
- Geometry- Shape
- Problem Solving
Science – Animals
- Identifying what animals eat
- Sorting animals into groups according to their features
- Carrying out simple investigations
- Online safety & exploring purple mash
- Grouping and Sorting
- Singing and playing percussion instruments
- Investigating long and short sounds (duration)
Design and Techology: Mechanisms
- Explore sliders and levers
- Design, make and evaluate their own moving Christmas decoration
PSHE – Living in the Wider World
- Health and well-being – including bullying and road safety
- Net and wall games
This week in Year 1 we read the story Dear Zoo and then took delivery of our new pet- a cat called Tilly. We have to care for Tilly.
We have been learning about Remembrance Day and the Centenary of World War 1. We made paper poppies today.
Year 1, 4, 5 and 6 have made a great start on their History journeys this half term! To commemorate those special individuals that have shown great enthusiasm, knowledge and interest in their topics I have given out History Awards to show how much we appreciate their efforts!
Fantastic work everyone!
1AW – Mieszko Janiszewski
1HH – Lucas Bartlett-Taylor
4LD – Louis Connell
5AR – William Thompson
5SH – Jay Pownall
6SS – Oliver Waterhouse
6TW – Joseph Woods
We got the Maths mat out today.
We counted 100 squares, looked at where the numbers up to 20 should go and the twos and tens. Mrs Wilde asked us to close our eyes and she swapped some of the numbers but she couldn’t trick us!
Next we each stood in a square to see how many children were in both classes. There were 44!
Then we made a pictogram to show our favourite colour. The most popular was purple.
We had lots of fun on the Maths mat!
We’ve been talking about looking after our teeth.
This is what we said:
- You need to brush them properly in the morning and at night.
- Don’t eat too many sweets or too much sugar.
- Don’t drink sweet drinks.
- Do drink water and milk.
- Don’t eat things that are too hard or chewy.
- Go to the dentist so they can check your teeth.
We learnt a song about looking after your teeth. Ask us to sing it for you!