This is what we will be learning this half term:
- God’s Great Plan
- Dignity of the human person
History: Toys – now and then
- Exploring similarities and differences
- Ordering toys chronologically
- Writing labels and lists using phonics
- Reading and writing captions for pictures
- Forming letters correctly
- Place Value to 20
- Addition/Subtraction to 10
- Geometry- Shape
Science – Everyday Materials
- Naming and sorting materials
- Identifying some properties of materials
- Online safety & exploring purple mash
- Grouping and Sorting
Music – Sounds Interesting
- Singing and playing percussion instruments
Art – Drawing
- Exploring line, shape and using different media
- Look at the work of Paul Klee and Matisse (shape)
PSHE – Living in the Wider World
- Health and well-being
- Dance – animals
- Games – movement skills
We have had a wonderful first week in Year 1.
We’ve been getting used to our new classrooms and doing some fantastic work.
We have made Mrs Wilde and Mrs Harrison very proud with our sensible Year 1 behaviour. Everyone in the class has stayed on green on our behaviour charts!
We are looking forward to showing our parents around our new classrooms next week.